Saturday, March 20, 2010

324 and counting

5-01-2009 was the day I posted my first blog in "taters, maters, words and water".  And as you may figure from the title, that was 324 days ago.

I have not been very prolific as I have only posted 22 times.

Why am I even going here or there..what ever the case may be?  I am not sure.  I am not sure why I even post a blog.  When I started blogging 2 years ago I had the mistaken idea that I may have something interesting to say and that someone out there may even be interested in reading it.  Blogging is an interesting "Art".  I call it an "Art" because it is the art of creating words.  It is an art because it is easy to spend hours, days, months and even years doing something that no one else gives a hoot about.  Why should they?  I cannot even begin to comprehend the Obamillions of words that are written daily competing for someone to read or notice.  Why would someone read the words of an "unknown"?

I really understand the issue and the problem. My political views (what ever they are) are shared and opined about by 50% of every other American.  What do I have to say that is any different from millions of other people?  I could say I am somewhat different because I am willing to expose my thoughts on paper.  Yet, there are many who write and opine their views that are more capable than I am because of a better education and they have been writing all of their lives.  I am the new boy.

That is why I continue to write and blog.  I would enjoy it if some one would genuinely read and comment on what I have to say.  I cannot and would not deny that.  But, it is vastly more important that I continue to write and blog.  I am educating myself in writing and believe it or not I am educating myself in what I actually believe.  It is amazing how much different you think about issues when you put them out there for the world to see.

So I write blog number 23 on the 325th day without acquiring one follower.  I take comfort in the fact that I may be working on a worlds record.  Does anyone keep track of that kind of statistic?

No comments: