Wednesday, April 14, 2010

truth


I wrote
and I heard
I heard truth.
Truth
had always been there.
Truth
is always there.

Why didn’t I see truth before?
Why couldn’t I hear truth before?

Truth had nudged me for decades.
I just nudged truth back.

Truth would not go away.
Truth haunted me.

I knew not what truth was.
truth was in a place I cared not look.
truth was in a place I dared not look.

I never thought to look for truth
through my pen,
through my grit
through my grime.

I never dared to look for truth
through my pen,
through my grit
through my grime.

Not until

I wrote and I wrote and I wrote
about
the things that are
the things that aren’t

about
the things that may
the things that might

that
truth was heard.

Truth spoke to me
with
words from a raining cloud.

Truth spoke to me
with
words from the sizzling lightning

burning across the sky
blazing a path
that I was afraid to walk.


my written words
dripping blood and ink
awakened
my mind,
my eyes,
my heart
my soul.

truth spoke to me

and now
I have
the strength

to walk the path
of sizzling lightning.

I am
not afraid
of falling any more.

1 comment:

Amy Luskey-Barth said...

Wow! I stumbled on this one by clicking on something from the other blog. Stan, read this in class. Fabulous.